none none

Default what to buy a builder???

"PoP" wrote in message
On 4 Feb 2004 12:21:51 -0800, (jb) wrote:

We're nearing the completion of our kitchen/dining room
conversion/extension and our builder has been just great! (No,
really) What should we get him as a thankyou gift?

In these situations I find that vouchers can solve the problem. And
perhaps especially if he has a young family where you don't know
specifically what he's already got in terms of playthings for the
youngster.

Obviously they can be a bit naff in terms of personal appeal, but to
be honest if someone wanted to get me something but didn't know what I
had/wanted I would be delighted to receive a voucher, thus allowing me
to get something I really wanted rather than put a brave face on
saying thank you - knowing that I already had another of those items
at home.

Possibly another thing to consider - did he do this job on his own or
did he have some helpers? If helpers are involved he might want to
share the rewards with them - a bit difficult if you've got one item!

Perhaps do a half-and-half? Bottle of nice wine + voucher?

PoP

Just got my joiner a £50 Screwfix voucher for doing a super job. He was over
the moon as he claimed that he wouldn't have to justify to his missus the
purchase of a new toy for his collection...