Andy Hall

Default Cast iron bath(s)

On 4 Feb 2004 19:52:25 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

(Rob Graham) writes:
The Natural Philosopher wrote in message ...
Huge wrote:

I'm just removing the one in our main bathroom (well, OK, I'm getting
my breath back & cooling down after carrying 1/3 of it downstairs).

I thought cast iron was fragile? A 2lb club hammer is having no effect
and I'm having to cut through the edges with an angle grinder.

You wimp. Put sme BACK into it.

Use a 4lb sledge!
Wear ear defenders.

Well I find this all very depressing; I took my CI bath out - I
rebuilt the bathroom and then put it back and had one of these guys
come in a repaint it. It's a lovely bath and I wouldn't have anything
else but it. I think you're all a load of vandals.

If it had been white, I'd have kept it. It wasn't, it was cranberry. We
didn't call it the "vile bathroom" for no good reason, you know.

Was the rest cranberry as well??

I like cranberries (preferably with suitable alcohol added) at
Christmas, but you don't really want it at 7am on a February morning,
do you?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl