David Hearn

Default Supplier of Ideal Classic SE RS flue pack B1

Andy Hall wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:06:53 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:58:41 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

Its a bit of a long shot - but does anyone know of a company who
can supply this? PlumbWorld can't.

More likely can't be bothered. If these parts exist then they
should be orderable. I would try other places like Plumbcenter
and Travis Perkins, even Discounted Heating. While you are at it
see if you can drive the price down a bit.

Well, I emailed Discounted Heating and got a reply from
labelled HPRC. Centers.co.uk is the parent
of Plumb Center and HRPC. Didn't know they were related. Anyway,
they claim they can get it with 10-14 days delay for £85 + VAT +
Delivery. Seeing as the standard one is £40 - £45 inc VAT from most
places it seems a little steep for what is really just another 2" of
flue....

All of the Centers organisations are part of Wolseley Centers.

If you are doing a lot of work then it is worth getting an account
with the group. Then you can squeeze them for better prices.

Never accept the quoted price. You should be able to get a minimum of
20% on most things.

Well, I've now had an email from Inspired Heating Solutions
(www.inspiredheating.co.uk) saying they have now updated their online
catalogue to include all the various flue packs for this boiler, and all the
prices are the same for the various ones and are £44 including VAT and
delivery.

Incidentally, they are also the cheapest supplier for the boiler too I've
found.

Guess who I'll be going with.

Thanks

David