Ed Sirett

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:54:00 -0700, Mo Thanku wrote:

Hi all,
Need some help please,

I am redoing our Kitchen have the few issues with Gas pipe.

The pipe entering the kitchen from the basement is 15mm a big part of
it is buried under concrete so I can not have access to it.

Now Because the cooker will be install in new position I will have to
reroute the pipe to new cooker point

I was thinking of cutting into the 15mm pipe from where it just enter
the kitchen and from that point change to 22mm .

This 22mm(just under 3 metes run) pipe will buried into concrete floor
which will tiled over.

The pipe will be wrap in this glue like sticky green tape which my
local plumbing shop has given me, saying this is what to use when
laying pipe under concrete, I think they called it Dynso tape will
this be ok?

From the cooker point the pipe changes into 15mm as it goes upsatirs
landing.

In the landing it than changes to 22mm about 2 metrs run till the it
than drop down into the cupboard where the boiler is as it drop down
it changes into 15mm

*=15mm
==22mm
e= elbow

*e*****==================e
* *
* e *
* *
=
=
=
***********=======================

I hope the above drawing gives some idea of what I am talking about.
I really do not want to distrub the pipe run upsatirs as it is runing
under floor boards and I want to avoid resoldering if I can.
I be very grateful for any feedback.

I think you should read the Gas Fitting FAQ below.
Quite a bit of your questions are covered therein.

I am fairly sure that your existing gas pipe work is sub-standard and I
would be interested to know what the inlet pressure is at the boiler
when its going full tilt and you're cooking Xmas dinner.

If you work on the gas installation you become responsible for it.
This installation is calling for repipe.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk