Doug Miller

In article , (Jerry Korea) wrote:
This may sound like an easy question but ... I need to cut a 3/4"
chamfer in a circle cut from 1 1/2" stock. I have a 45 degree bit but
it does not seem to cut a large enough chamfer -- what is the best bit
for this job. Thanks in advance and sorry for such an easy question

If you want to cut a 3/4" deep chamfer at 45 degrees, you need a bit that's at
least 3/4" in diameter. (At a 45-degree angle, the horizontal and vertical
distances are the same.)

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...4&filter=91573

www.woodcraft.com then search for item 144122

--