Michael Baugh

I used to use my 10' dish as a UHF antenna, with a bowtie
in place of the LNA. Got extremely good distance reception.
But my question of why so high still hasn't been answered.
This is a repair group. You know that whatever gets put up
will need some tinkering. So why put it up any higher than to
clear the ground?
True, there may be horses, kids, whatever that need to have
it above them. That's fine. But why a 10' instead of 18", and
why so high? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message
. com...
It wont be 12' in the air. At least 4' should be in the ground. Then he

has
to reach to the center of a 10' dish. That sucks up about 9' already.
There could be another reason to lift it another couple of feet to clear a
rock or something.