MLD

True--you could and should at least try to do a lot of the work yourself
However, fooling around with a gas installation is another thing. Any bad
problem with your gas line and you might find yourself out of luck with your
insurance company. As much as it hurts, working on gas lines requires
someone who is licensed--take a hard look at the risk/reward part of this
one.
MLD
"coolneo" wrote in message
om...
Hello Everyone!

I have a plumber coming over in the morning to quote some work -

1) I need washer supply lines runs moved/run. The new location for the
washer is about 5 feet from the old location.

2) I also need the drain extended to reach the new location.

3) Finally, I need a gas line run about 3 feet for the dryer.

I've been reading nothing but horror stories on this and many other
forums about plumbers ripping people off, seems like the only one
defending plumbers are other plumbers. I'm a relatively new home owner
- so I wouldn't know.

Can someone give me an idea as to the price range for the work I need
done? If they plumber says $50 I'd be very surprised - if he says
$2,000 I'll leave the damn washer where it is!

Any info would be great!

Thanks,
Jay