Edwin Pawlowski

"Carlos Moreno" wrote in message

This would normally require a press drill. Except I don't
have a press drill.

Is there a way to adapt drill bits (for which the shank is
slightly below 3/8 -- but a lot more than 1/4) to the
router? I think I could easily accomplish the task if I
could do that.

If it's definitely not possible, can you think of some other
trick that could do it in this case?

I'm scared just thinking about that drill in an adapter spinning at 22,000
rpm.

If you don't want to buy a drill press yet, ask around if you can use one
for a short time. How about the maintenance department at work? Or a
neighbor that you always see fixing stuff? Or a friend that is a machinist?