nuk

Greg O wrote:
"Greg" wrote in message

I have seen used tools at pawn shop priced higher than the same model at

the

BORG. It is certainly not the first place I would look for a bargain.

True, Very true, but every so often you find nearly new tools for a good
price, like a PC 352VS, 3x21" belt sander, for $30, a PC693LRPK, router kit,
standard base and plunge baser, for $125. Sure not a great deal, but it was
like new, and included about $100 in carbide bits. A Crapsman 16ga brad
nailer for $25, likw new, and a PC7538 router for $125, also like new.

I have bought some other good finds also. I still make my pawn shop run
every month, rarely buy any thing, but it keeps me out of the bars! Once in
a while I find something I want and they have a rediculous price on it. I
come back once a week or so, drop it on their counter and offer them $XX for
it. I do it untill the item is gone or 'till I get my price.
Greg

I've kind of wondered about this myself... I've seen some stuff there
that was good tools, but pretty well used and not so well maintained, if
you know what I mean, w/ an almost new price on it. I figured they
probably kept the price high as long as possible, hoping someone would
pay that for it, and just reduce things when they get tired of looking
at them or people wanting to haggle.

nuk