Greg O

"Greg" wrote in message
I have seen used tools at pawn shop priced higher than the same model at

the
BORG. It is certainly not the first place I would look for a bargain.

True, Very true, but every so often you find nearly new tools for a good
price, like a PC 352VS, 3x21" belt sander, for $30, a PC693LRPK, router kit,
standard base and plunge baser, for $125. Sure not a great deal, but it was
like new, and included about $100 in carbide bits. A Crapsman 16ga brad
nailer for $25, likw new, and a PC7538 router for $125, also like new.

I have bought some other good finds also. I still make my pawn shop run
every month, rarely buy any thing, but it keeps me out of the bars! Once in
a while I find something I want and they have a rediculous price on it. I
come back once a week or so, drop it on their counter and offer them $XX for
it. I do it untill the item is gone or 'till I get my price.
Greg