Pete C

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:40:54 +0000 (UTC), "MiniEmma"
wrote:

BUGGER

Worcester engineer confirms that that's the volume it should be :-(

He said I could try turining the pump down to number 2 but it may overheat
and cut off but 'he wouldn't do it and that he never said it' wink wink

also said that I should have a room stat under building regs Part L which i
knew but the installers said not to bother, so i'll fit one now and then i
can leave my trv's at full to stop the whistling, might just remove the
buggers. and also the room stat will shut off the boiler pump when
temperature is reached therefore reducing the noise factor again.

still really ****ed off tho :-(

Hi,

Does it make the same amount of noise when starting from cold? Also
what sort of pipe is used to connect the pump and what is it fixed to?
Connecting the pump with 'flexibles' and fixing it via rubber bushings
should help, or try a better quality pump.

cheers,
Pete.