mark

Default Help with electric guitar pots problems?

The guitar has two volumes, two tone dials and one toggle switch.
The toggle switch and dials look like the ones on this guitar:
http://www.albinhagstrom.se/hagstrom_h_ii_n.htm

The volume on my guitar cuts off after I go below 5 on the bottom volume
dial.

When I turn both volume dials on maximum: both pickups play when the toggle
is either in the middle or pushed up position; when the toggle is pushed
down only one of the pickups works.

When I turn off the bottom volume dial neither pickup works regardless of
the toggle position.

When I have the bottom volume dial on max and the top volume dial off: it
only plays one of the pickups and only when I push the toggle switch down ;
when the
toggle is in the middle or top position there's no sound.

I was told from the guy I bought the guitar from that the problem was with
the 500k pots; he recommended that I replace them with 250k pots.

Anyone have any suggestions and advice on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Mark