Andy Hall

Default what to buy a builder???

On 4 Feb 2004 12:21:51 -0800, (jb) wrote:

We're nearing the completion of our kitchen/dining room
conversion/extension and our builder has been just great! (No,
really) What should we get him as a thankyou gift? We know the
following about him:

1) He's a builder
2) He has a wife
3) He has a toddler
4) He hates painting

We're thinking £50 max. So far all we can come up with is champagne
and maybe a toy for the little one.

So often we hear horror stories about builders here, that it's a
pleasure to hear that you are so pleased with the results.

I like the ideas of a personal something or an offer to babysit as
they are creative. More boring ones might be John Lewis or Marks
and Spencers vouchers.

Does he have a photo portfolio of his work? If the work he's done
for you is in any way unusual, then how about getting a photographer
in and starting a portfolio for him. This could be a real help for
him to get future work; plus of course the good reference that you
will give to future customers. To a small builder, this is worth a
great deal.

He won't be expecting anything so almost anything should be
appreciated.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl