H Bergeron

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:07:38 +0100, "Set Square"

H Bergeron wrote:

Right, and now I've taken a peep behand the back plate I see there are
only 2 wires connected. In fact it looks just like a mains cable with
the live and neutral used but not the earth. I found installation
intructions at the Honeywell site that indicate that the live connects
to terminal A and neutral to B. This is consistent with the labels
used on the existing unit.

Actually, they're not live and neutral - they're both live when the switch
in the stat connects them together - but red and black twin cable is often
used because it's plentiful.

If you are likely to want different programmes for different days of
the week, you might consider using a CM67 instead. It looks the
same, but provides more programming flexibility.

Yes, I saw that. We don't need the flexibility now, but might when my
missus goes back to work.

Then I'd go for a CM67. It's very easy to programme one day and copy it into
the other 6 days. If you find later that you want different programmes on
different days of the week, you can do it. [It actually gives you 7
independent programmes - rather than weekday/weekend settings like some
programmers. For each day you can specify 6 temperature change events
(including off, in effect, if you specify a low temperature)] If you go for
the version which includes optimisation, it will decide when to turn on the
heating in order to achieve the desired temperature by the specified time.

Thank you for your help. I mentioned www.plumbworld.co.uk but I have
not used them before. Do you know anything about them? Can you
recommend an alternative supplier?

I got mine from RKM Heating Controls
http://www.rkm-heating-controls.co.uk/shop/index.html
who were the cheapest at the time, and provided very good service.

Thanks for the recommendation. They still seem good on price, so I've
ordered from there.

All your help is warmly appreciated!