Lenny

Well we have alot of old floppies floating around here that have
questionable data on them. They get plugged into machines sometimes
and its entirely conceivable that some unknown stuff could be spread
around this way. Whether a Windows based virus would affect a Dos
machine, I don't know but I suppose anything is possible. I don't want
to take the magnetron magnet to them until I know whats on them. And
if I could scan them first that would be great. Lenny.

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:RYncd.5464$232.2958@trnddc09...
"Lenny" wrote in message
m...
I'm running a 386/25 with Dos 6.2 for billing. Recently it has been
having problems with bad sectors on the drive showing, and refusing to
boot unless you boot off a floppy and do a sys c: from the A drive.
Now it will not boot from the hard drive at all. Luckily I copied my
customer files before this happened. But there is alot of other stuff
I would like to get off it. To rule out a virus problem is there an up
to date scan program I can get that will run from a floppy on a Dos
machine? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

How would a virus get on the machine in the first place? Obviously it's not
on the internet, and if it's just for billing it seems unlikely contaminated
disks would get in there.