Ken

Lenny wrote:
I'm running a 386/25 with Dos 6.2 for billing. Recently it has been
having problems with bad sectors on the drive showing, and refusing to
boot unless you boot off a floppy and do a sys c: from the A drive.
Now it will not boot from the hard drive at all. Luckily I copied my
customer files before this happened. But there is alot of other stuff
I would like to get off it. To rule out a virus problem is there an up
to date scan program I can get that will run from a floppy on a Dos
machine? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

I tend to agree with James, but since any anti virus program that could
be contained on one floppy would necessarily be very limited, I would
remove the HD and attach it to a system as a slave drive. After having
done so, I would run the A/V program on this system and direct it to
scan the slave drive. The new system would undoubtedly have more
complete virus definitions and if there was a virus is more likely to
detect and remove it.

That being said, your symptoms sound an awful lot like a HD about to fail.