LP

The glue was powdered urea resin, and AFAIK it's still available
today, however the brand names escape me ATM. It used to be the glue
of choice of boatbuilders because it was considered waterproof.
According to one source located by google its no longer considered
that but still used extensively by boaters. It will not withstand
boiling water either, whatever that means. Dont know too many people
who boil their boats.

Had occasion to use it one time on a stereo cabinet, with the RF cure.
Was indeed very quick and strong.

The glue does not require RF to cure. 24hrs wait time will do it.
Long open time was just right for stave type column glue-ups that were
then turned on a lathe.

As to a practical use for this thing, other than it's intended
purpose, I dont know. It acts on moisture to create considerable heat
in the wood, so maybe, for small pieces, a type of kiln effect?

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:47:48 GMT, Ron Moore
wrote:

The info under example #2 (woodweb) looks closest. Both boxes have a
handheld unit that has two parallel bars or rollers about 2" apart. The
pistol grip has a trigger to enable it. I'm told that it was used to
fast dry a water/powder based glue and used on tongue and groove
flooring. Each box has a milliamp meter, one to 600ma, the other to
800ma. It does appear to be an rf unit as the power is apparently
transfered to the bars by a coil coupling. If so, does it still have
practical application?
Ron

George wrote:
Edge plywood? Or are you referring to the type which cure glue by radio
frequency energy?
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...y_Heating.html

Jut about all the suggestions you'd ever need.
http://www.redbookonline.com/charts/woodglue.pdf

"Ron Moore" wrote in message
And that brings up the question, what am I going to do with

the glue welders? Is anyone familiar?
Oh, yeah, I paid $250 for the lot.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore