Phil Hansen

Default Pawn shop inflation

Last year I got a Record Bailey 3 from a pawn shop in the nearest city.
Paid R50 ($7.5) for it. The assistant asked why I wanted an obsolete
piece of junk. "everybody uses power these days". replied that it was
still an extremely usefull tool and a lot still use them.
Went in on Friday, they had a Stanley handyman 12-020 and a Bohmer (sp).
They wanted R500 ($75) for them. 900% in a year? Bet they stay there for
a long time. Can buy a new Stanley Handyman here for about R250
There must be some serious suckers out there
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions