Peter Wells

On 16 Oct 2004 19:36:33 -0700, (Never Enough
Money) wrote:

I just saw a table in Crate and Barrel that had accent elements made
of bamboo.

I turns out that I have access to groves of bamboo in my home state of
South Carolina.....

So how would one take green bamboo and prepare it for use in
furniture?

I assume:
1. dry it.
2. cut is carefully 'cause it will crack.
3. use a oil finish because it just seems right....

BTW, I do not intend to use the bamboo for structural elements, just
for accents -- although one could run a structural piece INSIDE of the
bamboo. Hmmm.

What say y'all?

I haven't used for furniture (except to pin joints), but bamboo is
MURDER on woodworking tools. Use hacksaws etc and keep your good
chisels away from it. Be careful when you split laths from it, the
edges can give you a nasty cut.

It's great material for all sorts of uses.

only one p in my real address / un seul p dans ma véritable adresse