Dave

I wonder about a partial short, from hot to ground. Check your wiring
again, I don't think it is the more powerful bulb. You will probably have to
do some detective work to narrow down the problem. Dissect the circuit back
from the distal end to localize the problem. Do you know the total draw on
the circuit?

Dave

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
Hi,
I just replacd to wall sconces in our bathroom. The originals were ugly,
however they always worked.
I wired the new sconces the same way as the old. After I installed the
first one I flipped the switch and voila the new fixture and the remaining
old fixture worked. So I removed the last old fixture and installed the
last new fixture. Flipped the switch and, nothing. I went down to check
the breaker and it wasn't tripped. I checked the GFI in the bathroom and
it
hadn't tripped. There was no voltage at the switch. Finally I realized
that a GFI outlet down in the basement was tripped. I reset it and tada,
light. I tried them a little while later and you guessed it nothing.
What
would cause the GFI to trip when it never did with the old ones? These
are
wired the same. The only difference is that these fixtures can take up to
100w bulb the old ones were only 50w.
Thanks,
Jeff