Teffy

Default Snow Thrower / Blower advice?

I have a 300' long gravel driveway with a 15-degree incline at the
end, and I want to buy a snow thrower to clear it.

As I use the Honda web site "dealer locator" in search of the beloved
Honda HS724TA track drive 2-stage,

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/M...elName=HS724TA

it appears that they cannot be found within an hour's drive. Driving
that far to buy it would be fine, but is it sensible, cost-wise, to
have the unit transported that far (there and back twice = 4 hours) by
a dealer for service? The Honda track sounds wonderful, as long as
the handles aren't too short for us 6-footers.

But, I wonder if I would be better off getting a wheeled Toro or
Ariens (I can't find any Simplicity) that are said to be of good
quality and can be serviced locally. I could also get local service
for the tracked Craftsman or Troy-Bilt; both made by MTD. But reports
about MTD reliability scare me. Would you expect the MTD/Craftsman to
be about as reliable as the MTD/Troy-Bilt? This weekend, at a local
Sears, the Craftsman is on sale for $1110.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07188890000

It looks like I have three choices:

*** I could give up on the tracks and get a Toro or Ariens that could
be serviced locally after the 2-year warranty period.

*** I could buy a Honda from afar or via the Internet, and hope that
I don't need to get it to a Honda authorized service center while
under warranty. Then have it serviced locally after the 2 year
warranty.

*** I could go snag that sale price on the Craftsman tomorrow at
Sears.

What you think?

Thanks for the help!
Teffy