Jeff Wisnia

Lorne wrote:

Over the past 6 weeks I've gradually removed all the carpets in the house
and replaced them with laminate flooring. I'm down to just the kitchen
and dining room, and then all I will have left are the stairs from the
main floor to the second floor.

Having lived with laminate for a few weeks what is evident is that the
(little) dogs we have are not very comfortable. The product is quite
slippery for them and their toenails and they have a tough time getting
up and down from furniture, the bed, etc.

What I'm worried about is the stairs. I can't see where they would be
able to get up or down at all. Some of the options I've considered:

- carpet the stairs - to me this would seem odd because it would be the
only carpet remaining on the top 2 floors of the house
- laminate the stairs and install a "runner" down the middle 12 inches of
the stairs
- laminate the stairs and find a "safety tread" to install on the
bullnose or the step of each stair

Any ideas or comments that would help me out on this one?

Lorne

Here's just what the doctor ordered:

http://www.gundogsupply.com/-950-.html

Jeff