James Nipper

I don't believe that Muskett actually read (or understood) the original
post. See, the guy was just sitting at his home. Not doing anything,
not trying to sell his house. A real estate broker walks to his front
door, and says that his boss ( the potential buyer) want to buy his
house. The homeowner has never heard of or seen the broker. In the
offer, the proposed Contract says that the homeowner (who never hired the
broker, or listed his home for sale) must pay the BROKER. This could be
tens of thousands of dollars. He would be paying the EMPLOYEE of the
buyer !! The buyer should pay HIS OWN employee (broker).

Another point on which you are wrong. Many people WOULD sign such a
contract. All that would be need would be for someone like you to tell
them that the broker (who they have never heard of, or seen, or hired, or
had any connection with in their entire life) was working for THEM !! Of
course, if the homeowner believed this idiodic lie, he would sign the
contract !!

Now, it is entirely possible that the homeowner could indeed turn this thing
around. He could say to the broker..... Mr. broker, please become my agent,
offered in this contract. If, while acting as my broker, you are
successful in getting your former boss to agree to this counteroffer, I
will pay your broker fee !!!!! Now that would be a good deal. But
paying a stranger to work for another stranger is non-sensical, and should
not be agreed to.

Good Luck !!

--James--

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:35:52 -0400, "James Nipper"
wrote:

OF COURSE the person (buyer in this case) who hired the broker should
pay the broker. You wouldn't ask your neighbor to pay your doctor's

bill
would you ?

The seller usually is the party that pays any commissions from the
proceeds of the sale (a separate contract with a broker/agent between
a home seeker and the broker/agent may involve payments for that
service, but not a "sales commission" since that is a payment for a
service that 'benefits' only the seller.)

So, in the CONTRACT that will be NEGOTIATED , don't agree to pay
their broker, or their doctor's bill. Just agree to pay YOUR bills.

I seriously doubt if anyone would agree to such a contract, normally a
sales contract will specify that the brokers involved in a sale will
be protected and paid their commissions from the proceeds of the sale.
If this is a problem for you include the amount of the commission in
the selling price when you set the acceptable price for the sale!

Further, if you pay their broker, then you are paying the person who is
working for them. Does this make a lot of sense to you ?

The broker is in fact working for YOU in that they brought the buyer
to you, without the broker's participation there would be no one to
buy!

Good luck !!

--James--