Phisherman

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:20:17 -0500, "D. J. Dorn"
wrote:

I'm building a Shaker Chest of Drawers and want to put breadboards on the
ends of the top - and now that I accidently cut the non breadboard top a tad
short, I'm not really left with a choice (I know, measure twice, cut once)
I'm worried about wood movement over time but don't really want to do a
tounge and groove operation if I can avoid it because they don't ever seem
to line up perfectly (at least for me). Any suggestions or do I have to
bite the bullet and do it like Normie does it?

Don

If you don't want to do a tongue-and-groove or a spline, then forget
doing the breadboard edge. If you don't allow movement, the top may
split. Be aware of cross-grain, else the wood will fail.