Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
I've never owned or..I think..eaten chips made in one
of these new fangled Chip Fryers'.
Leaving aside aspects of health and life expectancy.

Your advice is requested on these.
How does the Chip Fryer fried chip compare to;

a) The chippy chip? Must be better..surely!

b) The chips our mams made in a frying pan in days of yore?

Doesn't it all boil down to what the chips are fried in ?

Some oils have a lower boiling temperature and so don't crisp off the
chips

A chip fryer is just a means of heating the fat / oil

Get thee some good old chip fat if tha' wants good chips

Beef dripping.

... of course it's not that simple, it also depends on the type of
potatoes used

I don't know of any which won't chip but some are better than others. I've
found that Nicola, which are normally sold for salad, are excellent for
chips but they do need different conditions than, say, Duke of York.

Mary

--
geoff