jim_in_sussex

"Farmer Giles" wrote in message ...
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:45:29 GMT, newman wrote:

I can get one of these reduced at Argos, but before I buy I would like
some opinions on the saw.

Regards

It's a piece of junk.

I've had one for some considerable time, and I would certainly agree with
the above. Ok for about the first 10 minutes of use.

how odd. Mine (prev model before current) came from B&Q heavily price
reduced.

Not been any trouble at all, though I haven't used it all that much as
I have various other saws. Nor has it been used for an extended time.
But as a sabre saw able to reach into difficult positions it is better
& a more directionally stable cut than a jigsaw. The wide woodcutting
blade is especially useful when you want to cut, eg a noggin, off
flush with a joist. Also been removing old CH pipes between joists
with it recently: it has saved a few raw knuckles that I'm sure I
would have got from contorting with a hacksaw.

Snags are

unique expensive blades
only 3 blade designs

OTOH I haven't tried any of the competing sabre saws, but I haven't
seen any of those with the broad woodsaw blade which I like.