Doug Miller

In article , (AJ) wrote:
Howdy,

I am modifying the look of a 5-panel door. It's a wooden door (douglass fir)
and the panels are glass. I want to glue some new rails that I fabricated
above the old ones. The surfaces to be glued will be both wood and glass.
I will be sanding and painting the door, so imperfections will be hidden.

What kind of glue should I be using? Is there a glue that binds to both
glass and wood? A friend siggested an epoxy (?)

You should be using no glue at all. The rails should be held in place with
brads, and the holes filled with putty. This is because you *want* those rails
to be removable, easily, in case you ever need to replace broken glass.

--
Regards,