Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:33:30 +0100, Richard Porter wrote:

But you're not going counterclockwise round any roundabout - you're
just going in a counterclockwise direction round a series of two-way
roads which connect the roundabouts in a circle.

I quite often come down the hill into Hemel from the M1/M10

Hemel might not have a marked roundabout in the middle, Swindon does
(or did)...

The ones I don't like are the completely unnecessary pinch points,
build-outs and slalom courses which are just plain dangerous.

Only if you are going to fast (that old chesnut). Having lived on a
busy straight, treelined, broad, road that was nothing more than
normal 1930's housing area road. Cars would travel at 40 to 60mph down
it, despite the 30 limit. The platforms and pinch points have brought
the upper speed down to a much more acceptable but still illegal
40mph.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail