Don Spumey

Hywel wrote:
In article , Don Spumey says...
Hywel wrote:
How do you dispose of the oil?

You can always do an engine conversion on your car. IIRC there is
some guy in the USA who did this and now gets all his fuel free
from his local diners.

There's no conversion to do. Strain the chip fat through a pair of
ladies' tights (come on fellas - we've all got a pair) and add a bit
of diesel to thin it out a bit. It's still subject to tax, though,
I think at the same rate as petrol or diesel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/1750734.stm

http://www.dawn.com/2002/10/22/int17.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/ak/egel/diesel.html

Top Gear also ran a Volvo (IIRC), unmodified, on cooking oil.

Dunno why, but I have this mental image of hundreds of petrol mowers etc.,
spewing forth chip fumes next year ;-)

Don

---