Set Square

Miles wrote:

So it sounds like I do need to investigate where the pipes are running
to confirm this problem. I think I will check the wiring first, as the
other poster said, just in case, because it's a lot easier than
pulling up floorboards.

I don't know if this is a bodged former DIY job or a design fault when
the house was first built ~10 years ago, because like I said, the
previous owners (who were in 7 years I think) said it has always been
like this.

By all means check the wiring first - that should be quick to do. However,
my hunch is that it *isn't* the wiring. If it were - such that the valve was
being driven to the mid position when it should be in the HW-only position -
I would expect *all* the rads to get hot, and to get fully hot - not just
warm.

It could be an original design fault or a DIY bodge. It probably only needs
the return from one radiator to be connected *after* the HW return. If
someone has added a radiator . . .
--
Cheers,
Set Square