Christian McArdle

Default Granite worktop span

Having come into a small amount of money unexpectedly, I've decided to spend
it by not going for Iroko worktops, but to do it properly in granite. The
current layout (which would have been fine for the wood) has 3 integrated
appliances in a row, giving a 1.8m span, supported at the back by a
substantial batten. Would granite be fine for this application, or do I need
to rejig the appliances to give only a 1.2m back supported span? I can't
guarantee that the appliances will provide much support, especially if
removed for repair. Rearranging the appliances may be problematic, but if I
have to do it, then it must be done.

Would the thickness of the granite make a difference? Probably going for
30mm, although 20mm is an alternative.

Christian.