Fogbank

(RMD) wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've had two kerosene heaters around for more than 30 years. I've
never cleaned them and they always work. I store them when not in use
with a plastic bag over them. I wouldn't know what you would clean in
them anyway. Don't touch the wicks in any way.

Ross

On 14 Oct 2004 13:08:21 -0700,
(mark) wrote:

Last winter I purchased a brand new Dyna-Glo Kerosene heater from
Walmart. It heats 1,000 square feet. It worked wonderfully well.
I used it approximately 2 to 4 times a week.

It stayed in the corner over the summer and was not used (although,
given how cool the sumer was, a few nights, I almost used it...hence
it being left inside and ready for use) I fired it up the other night
and it started with no problems.

I'm wondering if it needs to be cleaned in any way? How can I know if
the efficiency has dropped? the wick burns, just wondering if it
needs to be cleaned in some way?

(To get email address ROT 13)

- make sure that there is no debris in the bottom of the fuel seat
where you drop the tank.

- when not in use i remove the tank, give the unit a quick vaccuming
with a soft brush attatchment and cover in plastic.