Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

The furnace had gone as much as 15 years without anyone looking at it,
mostly due to family turmoil and much more devastating misfortunes and
illnesses. Now that things are under my control, I will be doing the
maintenance from now on. As for the flame setting, I may get a pyrometer and
measure the temperature. I seek the hottest flame possible for the volume of
fuel used. Next optimization project is to install a Delavan ProTek nozzle,
which shuts off when the oil pressure drops, as in the burner shutting off,
stopping the drizzling and afterburn that conventional nozzles suffer from.
That may save some more oil and slow down the dirtying of the boiler over
time.
I'm rebuilding much more than just the furnace. I'm rebuilding the whole
house, a room at a time, in what I refer to as "surgical demolition", where
I knock down an exterior wall (didn't take much, as the wall was completely
rotted and the only things holding it up were the sheetrock on the inside
and the asbestos exterior siding on the outside), and build a new wall
section on the floor and raise it into position, prefab style. The whole
house is a picture of neglect, but now that it's under my ownership, I'm
fixing it up, little by little. Was going to hire a contractor, but all
contractors gave absurd estimates up to six figures for renovation/repair.
There are times when you just have to do it yourself, because of money,
scheduling and quality issues. I'm actually glad I didn't find contractors
to do the above, else I'd be looking at a mortgage again. No thanks. My tax
bill alone is as big as a hefty mortgage now. ;-}

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com