James Sweet

"David W." wrote in message
. ..
Dale Farmer wrote in
:

Marty wrote:

Can anyone help with my Whirlpool Dehumidifier Repair ?

The unit freezes up after a very short while. I usually buy a new one
every time this happens.

Buy a timer for it. Give it a two hour rest every 12 hours to let
accumulated
ice melt off.

Or,if it has a "level" or humidity setting, turn it down so it doesn't run
so much.

It helps to clean off the condenser coil before you start using it each
year. Accumulated goop can increase the likelyhood of water freezing on

the
coil.

Don't they have a temperature sensor on the evaporator coils to prevent them
from getting below freezing? A lot of automotive AC systems have this.