John Rumm

newman wrote:

It will be £15, is it worth it?

To be fair, no.

Someone bought me one a few years ago, which I have attempted to use for
a variety of tasks. It is not really that good at any of them.

The stroke length is too short, it vibrates to much, the mechanism is
pretty flimsy, it does not take standard reciprocating saw blades and
the proprietary blades come in a much smaller range. The trigger makes
you hand hurt after prolonged usage, it has daft interlocks that are a
pain and also require too much force to operate. In jigsaw mode it is
outclassed by even the naffest jigsaw. In fact if you want one I will
gladly post you mine if you pay the postage! To give it credit the
variable speed control is OK though.

(I gave up and bought one of the Axminster "White" reciprocating saws.
That is actually quite useful)

--
Cheers,

John.