Glenn Gundlach

(Jacques Carrier) wrote in message . com...
Greetings to all fellow techs. from Longueuil,Quebec!

Your calculations are right.I think that Luxman rounded up their
power rating to 200W. Looks nicer....

Anyway I would like to learn how to properly adjust the bias level on
any amplifier by using a scope.This would be a very useful tip.

Thanks for the info.

Jacques

--

Jacques Carrier [Electronics Tech.]
Collège Édouard-Montpetit

Phone: 450-679-2631 EXT:5860 #
Fax : 450-679-5570 Box: 004
Email:

Phone (home) : 450-651-5253

Most high power amps I've seen over the years do not have regulated
power supplies and are very sensitive to the AC line voltage. A change
from 110 to 125 volts will cause power capability to go up by 1.29
((125/110)^2). Note that the gain will not change vs supply voltage,
just max level at clipping. How is your line voltage, particularly
under load ?

GG