Tom Watson

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:40:28 GMT, (BlueDude)
wrote:

Can some tell me where I could buy metric dimensions dowel rod and
Thanks

It might be easier to acquire the nearest (larger) size locally and
run them through a self made dowel pop.

Drill out a piece of found steel with a metric drill bit of the
appropriate diameter. Follow with a larger bit to create a
countersink shape, allowing the larger bit to just touch the downside
opening created by the original bit, without increasing the original
bore's diameter.

Hammer the slightly oversized stock through.

You can actually dispense with the acquisition of the original dowel
stock and simply rip squared pieces out on the saw, to a width
slightly greater than the desired diameter.

Hammer through your dowel pop and you are done.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)