Mike

(Patrick Olguin) wrote in message om...
A hypothetical for your ponderment.

A wooddorker finds a bit of spare space in his yard^H^H^H^H shop, and
decides to quickly erect a stout bench from the materials at hand.
Let's say the wooddorker finds some somewhat straight, and somewhat
cheap dimensional lumber at the local BORG and sets out to build a
functional bench from green douglas fir (not really a fir, but this is
common usage and I don't really have time discuss vagaries of the
various conifers for sale locally, though they are an extremely
interesting species), complete with carefully cut/milled/trimmed
square dog holes for a beefy iron bench dog.

And let's further say that as the wood seasons, the bench dog holes
shrink, making it impossible to use the beefy bench in the bench.

See what you get for working so fast? I built a similar
Bench-by-Borg(tm) and, since the lumber sat in my gar^h^hshop for
several months and through at least one episode of SantaAna weather
phenomena, they were essentially kiln-dried by glue-up time. And
SWMBO thought I was just being lazy.

*sigh*

Just make yer dogs outta similar Borg lumber so when they're dry
they'll fit right smartly.

Cheers,
Mike

DAMHIKT.