Grunff

Mark S. wrote:

Been looking for a cheap washer to get me started when I move in now I
can get broadband.. ;-)

Seen one on Ebay that is local to me for £20.00 - says it needs a new
spider? Assume that's the metal bit on the back of the drum.

Can I fix it myself if I get the part, they've quoted in the advert
£97.00 to get it fixed.

I know it's not new but I don't want to shell out hundreds on a new
machine for a couple of washes a week etc. when I could be buying diy
materials. :-)

Not worth it in any way. It'll be old and knackered, you'll spend well
over £100 on it and still have an old, knackered machine that works for
a while then breaks.

Now if your post had read something like "my parents have an old machine
which hasn't been abused too much but needs a new spider, should I take
it for free", it might be a different story.

--
Grunff