Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul S wrote:
The fused switch that controls my immersion heater is very hot. I know
that some heat will be generated in the cabling as the element gets
hotter, but the switch itself gets too hot to touch. I've checked the
connections inside the switch, and they all seem secure. Does anyone
have any other ideas why this switch is so hot?

Most likely IMHO the fuse and fuse contacts. Replace the fuse with a new
one and pinch up the contacts slightly if you can, checking they are clean
and not corroded.

But you might just change the entire FCU - they're not expensive.

--
*Modulation in all things *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.