Andy Hall

Default Which Biscuit Jointer?

On 4 Feb 2004 05:28:13 -0800, (Reader) wrote:

I am about to buy a biscuit jointer and wondered if anyone had any
experience of these two?

http://tinyurl.com/3xryl
http://tinyurl.com/yq8yg

I would just go for the Makita as all their other tools i have seem to
be brilliant...

Of the two I would go for the Makita. I've used one and found it
pretty good. It has been reviewed well in the woodworking magazines.

There are several factors in a biscuit jointer that are important, but
IMO the plunge action, the fence setting accuracy and the anti-slide
arrangement are the most important.

I had a DeWalt for a while, but ultimately returned it because the
fence setting was innaccurate - design defect.

If you use biscuit jointing a fair bit then the Lamello Classic is
even better at about £220. Lamello invented the technology and their
machines are really nice.

I have one of their TOP20 machines which has numerous additional
capabilities - for example blade height adjustment. It's a real
pleasure to use - absolutely bang on accurate and mechanism as smooth
as silk.

I've always had good success with Makita products such as drills and I
have one of their sliding mitre saws also a nice product to use.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl