G&M

"Anthony Bowles" wrote in message
Not DIY because I wouldn't even consider doing much in the way of
electrics in the house but I'm hoping one of the electrical gurus out
there might be able to shed some light on this.

Basically I'm wondering if I've got a problem with the electrics or just
2 "appliances" at the same time. The other day the DVD player was only
transmitting sound via it's coax connection (to the amp). No picture
(or sound) was coming out of the scart. After much fiddling with
various connections etc I touched the case of the DVD player and could
feel a humming through my finger tips. If ran my fingers across the
case they didn't so much as "glide" across it as "juddered". Anyway
this seemed to cure the problem and the DVD came back on. The only
thing I could think of was either it's becoming faulty or it was some
build up of static (however I didn't get a static shock).

Anyway, it's happened again. I don't think I've used the player in a
week and it's gone off. Touching it doesn't help this time but it's got
that same humming feeling.

Now this is where I start to think "hold on what's going on" because the
same thing is now happening when I put my Palm T3 (metal case not
plastic) into it's cradle. When I touch it in the cradle it's humming
and feels "sticky". When it's out of the cradle it smooth. I've had it
a year and never noticed that before.

I haven't noticed it on anything else but I'm not about to go round the
house touching everything with a metal case!

In all honesty my other half thinks I'm daft cos she can't see what I'm
going on about (beyond the fact the DVD player's gone funny).

Is it possible something's wrong with the electrics (in which case I'll
get an electrician out) or just coincidence?

Is there a full moon ?

Failing that have you just had a new carpet installed ?