dave

Grunff wrote in message ...
Adrian wrote:

I seem to have continual problems with some of my LV halogens. I have
them all over the flat but a set of eight seeming to be continually
blowing. I have replaced the transformers and the lights but five have
just blown again, and its usually the transformer that goes. The ceiling
void should be large enough as its about a foot. I dont have any
problems with any lights on the same circuit just these ones. Is it
possible that there is an earth leak, and if so how would I test? The
ceiling is plaster board without any access panels so I can only gain
access through the light fittings.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Hi
I also have a problem of blowing transformers and/or bulbs. I have
got as far as seeing that certain brands of electronic transformers
can only operate upto a configuration of four when connected to a
dimmer. I have yet to install the range of transformers and dimmer
that I reckon will do the job so can't give a reccomendation yet.
You might want to check with the manufacturer of your transformers
that they are suitable for the number of lights you have installed and
wattage ( or VA as it seems to be known ) and make sure that the
dimmer is the correct type for your transformers. HTH.