Rob Mitchell

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message

I'm working on a mod to my saw right now to add resistive braking. I
figure I need about 10 ohms, but I'm not sure how much power rating it
will need. Perhaps a heater coil would be best.

Are you going to use hot dogs to test it? If it works you can market it
with a catchy name. One comes to mind, how about "Stop Saw"?

Edwin

I Googled 'stop saw' and found what you are referring to. Not quite
the same thing. That person I believe has released an entire table saw
with his safety technology. If it works, I have to hand it to him. I
suspect he is using capacitance much like those lamps that you can turn
on just by touching them.

No, what I'm attempting is much simpler. It doesn't sense a finger in
the blade, just stop the blade faster when you hit the stop switch or
take your foot off the footswitch. This type of circuit is common in
industrial motor control. (Anyone else here using one? Everyone?)
From my own work habits I think the greatest risk of injury (for me) is
impatience waiting for the blade to stop before clearing junk from the
blade, or retrieving the cut piece.

I doubt there is enough energy in a 3hp motor to cook a hotdog.
(Perhaps you could test that out for me

Rob