Adam

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...
You don't give a budget. Assuming you want a well regarded midrange model
rather than a cheapie, the Worcester-Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440, recently
discussed might be appropriate. It will provide a good shower and still
manage to fill a bath before Christmas, if not at the rate of a heat bank,
unvented cylinder or pumped gravity system.

Sorry, remiss of me. Yes, mid-range should be good - ultimately, I'd
rather stretch the budget for a boiler and not have to worry about it
again for a good long time...

It uses a small internal heat store to give enough reasonable flow to mostly
fill your bath (depending on size) before cutting back to 11 litres a
minute, which it can maintain indefinately. 11 lpm at mains pressure is
enough for a decent power shower, but not a wide bore low pressure drencher
type, or a panel type with body jets.

We're probably not going to be bothered by bath-fill times, so an
internal heat store may be unnecessary. Not bothered by fancy showers
(body jets, etc.) but would like a decent reasonably powerful shower.

If you prefer a high flow instantaneous combi (probably more appropriate for
a drencher shower), then there Bosch-Worcester have Greenstar versions up to
40kW.

OK, I'll check them out.

Thanks Christian (and everyone else who's contributed).

Can I assume that this is a tacit agreement that a combi is the best
bet for our arrangement?

Cheers - Adam...