Adrian

Grunff wrote:
Adrian wrote:

I seem to have continual problems with some of my LV halogens. I have
them all over the flat but a set of eight seeming to be continually
blowing. I have replaced the transformers and the lights but five have
just blown again, and its usually the transformer that goes. The
ceiling void should be large enough as its about a foot. I dont have
any problems with any lights on the same circuit just these ones. Is
it possible that there is an earth leak, and if so how would I test?
The ceiling is plaster board without any access panels so I can only
gain access through the light fittings.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

I don't see how an 'earth leak' could possibly be the cause. It sounds
very much like that set of bulbs is overheating. Is the void above them
insulated?

No its a suspended plaster ceiling with a good foot of space. On some of
the lights it is definitely the transformer that has gone, on others the
bulbs. It could be overheating but in every other room there is the same
setup and they all seem to be OK.?