Wainscotting

"andrewpreece" wrote in message

"Wainscotting" wrote in message

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:36:26 +0100, Wainscotting wrote:

When heating is on it takes an age to draw hot water. The diaphragm

is
new
so what else could be the cause? The boiler is about 15-20 years old
(VWSine).

Failed diverter valve.
The diaphragm you refer to is presumably the HW flow sensor?
I think they are sub £70 quid.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Thanks Ed. I will have a llok in my instalation manual to try and locate

it
(and the microswitch mentioned in Andy's post).

If it's not a 242 then disregard what I said - I had a 242 and it had the
same
symptoms as your combi, but I have no idea what your combi looks like
inside, unless Vaillant use a largely common design. Ed Sirrett is a
professional and has more of an idea than I do!

Andy.

No problem - appreciate the reply