Charles Spitzer

"mark" wrote in message
actually, it is legal to own fully automatic weapons in certain states.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

" A special class of "licensed collectors" provides for the purchase and
sale of firearms designated by the BATFE as "curios and relics." Class III
dealers may sell fully-automatic firearms manufactured prior to May 19,
1986, and other federally registered firearms and devices restricted under
Title II of the Gun Control Act, to individuals who obtain approval from
the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury after payment of a tax and clearance
following a criminal background check."

Apparently, I don't know what *I'm* talking about!

You need that class III to sell full-autos to police, but I didn't know
that about Arizona. Did anything in the ban actually address that
particular exception? I mean, before the ban expired, the same thing held
true, correct?

i believe the ban only banned a certain number of existing items, and didn't
apply to this clause. it has always been legal to own automatic weapons in
arizona; i don't know about elsewhere. there are a few firing ranges where
one can go to rent one (at a hideous cost) for use in their facility and
places that have been set up in the desert where the firing ranges will
bring the weapons to for rent by the public.

i believe it's hard to get the federal approval, but i seem to recall it's
only a $500 yearly fee for the license.