Mel

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message news
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 03:43:21 +0100, "Mel"
wrote:

Mounting the motor was just a matter of clamping it to the mounting
plate while lining up the pulleys with a steel rule, so I could centre
punch and drill the holes for the motor's foot mounting.

How did you do that ? Take the table off and leave the mounting plate
in situ on the trunnion while you marked it out ?
--
Smert' spamionam

I think I removed the mounting plate so I could accurately mark a
line at right angles to the face that bolts onto the trunnion, so that with
the motor's foot aligned along it the motor and arbor shafts would be
parallel.

With the mounting bracket bolted in place I securely clamped the
motor to it. Tilted and adjusted the height of the mechanism so I could
stick my head through the side of the cabinet to check the alignment
of the pulleys using a straight edge, then slackened the clamps so I
could adjust the motor's position once I'd got my head out of the way.

It is the same model Wadkin as yours, but unfortunately I don't
have any table extensions, there's also a few damaged teeth on the
fence's fine adjustment pinion (The fence's clamping lever was missing,
so it must have been used without the clamp). Apart from that it was
complete and in extremely good nick - it was from a college, in a nice
dry room adjoining a pottery kiln that was kept on 24 hours a day,
so it is free from rust and had minimal usage.