dadiOH

PaPaPeng wrote:

I shouldn't have too much trouble making the cutout for the sink.
The question is what do I have to do to polish the cut so that it
matches the glass smooth finish of the marble tile? I suppose I
will have to use whetstone to polish it to glass smoth. Is there a
clear wax varnish I have to apply after that?

Depends on the sheen you want. First step is to make it totally
flat/smooth...wet or dry paper will work fine, grit depends on how rough the
edge is; if rough, start with #240 then work down to #600 or finer. Easy to
do, marble is very soft.

After that, various fine grit polishing compounds with a small cotton or
lambs wool pad or wheel to give the sheen you want...pumice, auto rubbing
compound or rouge, tripoli, etc.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...hing+compounds

--
dadiOH